is lunch at La La Yu this week we have yet seen an architectural Lao! No columns, no gilding, no pets ... there is another kind of wonder ... In fact, a feat: to build as close as possible to the building neighbor!
Having lived almost 5 years in Asia now, I know that the intimacy and sense of ownership are good things about. We westerners are much more fierce, the idea of sharing our lives, including that of our household.
one, the direction of the nuclear family, mom-dad-children, is not really like ours. I always tell my staff that this is thermonuclear family with grandparents, cousins (siblings or not), nephews, nieces, and so on! Being myself late and only child, (and surplus daughter of an only son), a 'family' everywhere, as I have experienced, sometimes with friends, for me is synonymous with mess and muddles! And two, here in Laos, neighbors also is sort of, members of the family.
So now, let's face it, I go with a serious handicap to understand as it is pin and all ...
But there are limits to avoid close, anyway! At the construction of residential buildings (the famous condos that are found throughout the capitals of Southeast Asia), replacing gradually the houses, the neighborhood is changing, modernizing and 'verticals'.
Here, no need to knock on the door to ask if the neighbor can lend us some rice ... it gets on the floor! or better, we use ourselves! (I do not know if it is clear, but there are indeed the windows on both sides!)
Ensemble, c'est tout ... or nothing!
0 comments:
Post a Comment