Charleroi, Walloon sick like football? The president denies
While looming for a crucial match Sunday between Charleroi and Standard, which must both overcome the crisis sports, Abbas Bayat welcomed us for an interview an hour.
The Standard - Charleroi, the duel of the flag bearers of a football Walloon sick?
"We can not generalize and say that the Standard and Charleroi are sick. A patient must have surgery. This is not the case for Sporting. We simply do not have the points we wanted, but it remains twelve matches and the Belgian Cup. "
The most important match is the one of the Sunday or Wednesday in the Cup?
"Neither one nor the other. We must win both. For the Standard, the importance is not sport because it will be only 3 points out of 90. It's a social event into the history of relations between Liege and Charleroi. There are plenty of atmosphere, spectator and spectacle. On this occasion, the stadium shakes. It does not happen against Anderlecht. As for the Cup is a goal. We all want to win, even if you can not do it. "
You still in urgent need of points. Do you fear the D2?
"Obviously I have concerns about it. There always are. I'm always afraid of tomorrow, that people stop drinking (Editor's note: he was president of Sunnyland) and can not sell enough drinks. "
What if you fall from top shows the ambition of Top 6?
"This is not because it shows the ambition that we fall if they do not realize. "
You manage the record of the coach, but it Mogi forming the team. The situation is special since it's your nephew, but it does not meet expectation. Have you ever thought about the fire, it means adding to the crop or someone?
"I never thought about that. And I do not think this is a debate to be had in the press. "
So you're satisfied with his contribution.
"He is here because the group believes that although it is there. How, moreover, not be satisfied when we analyze the overall situation and look at where we come from, that we avoided D2 on one game and no doubt discussed questionable (Editor's note: the famous Charleroi - Anderlecht)? We do not have the best results in the country, but we have over the last five years, with our two 5ES seats, the best performance. And in ten years, we are probably 11th or 12th. It's not so bad. "
But it's far ambitions that you post ...
" But ambition is something personal. I also want to sell more fruit juice than Tropicana and Minute Maid. But if I do not, I will not have failed so far. The assessment must be conducted on the entire work and the last five years, things are going well. Charleroi is not dependent on a person to live. And that's great. "
What place should be located in Charleroi function of its workforce?
"It's hard to say but in terms of balance, we have the best workforce since I'm the president, but we did not use this basis. It is a bit short but what the defense team would not want our Reservists Mujangi Bia, Cordaro, Kage, Christ, etc.? "
With the reform, you can still win the playoffs and compete for a ticket 2 the 4th European championship. You think the current situation?
"I do not look that far. Basically, I was against the reform. Today, I ask myself over the issue. But if we make the playoffs 2 with all adversaries which only have 6,000 people in Mambourg and we get to hang Uefa beating the 4th to get lost out in Russia by spending two months recipe for play these games, I do not know if it will really win. "
Have you ever thought about leaving the presidency?
"While I'm here, I'm here. Nothing is drawn in advance. "
But you never got tired? Do you ever said that the club brought you more negative than the positive?
"If I've had enough. Every day. As pissed off every time I take my vehicle, I'm stuck in traffic, a drunk driver makes a stupid move to me, etc.. But there are positive points each day for this club could disappear. "
Let the question another way: Are you happy to be president of the Sporting?
"Life is a challenge. This is not happiness and unhappiness. It would be arrogant to say I live to be happy. We are born to do the best possible to bring that can bring to others and society in general. "
" Demol is the biggest failure "
To repeat, it would incur from Craig June
Abbas Bayat discusses his coaches ...
President, from which the difficulties of Charleroi?
"In the situation around Stéphane Demol. We had begun the season with a fun game. Then, he no longer felt good and everything has deteriorated. It is not complicated: after five games, as all went well, we presented the second best defense (Editor's note: 4 goals against). Of the five games following fourteen goals we conceded. "
Have you understood and digested the departure of Stéphane Demol?
"I did not always understand, but I do not need to digest. Simply, the faster we move on, the better. He has had a negative effect. If we can say that Delangre Siquet and were not successes, Demol, with the core provision is the biggest failure. It has strengths, but he never managed to bring stability. Today we Retrou-vee collective mind this early in the season and after five days had evaporated. "
What you thinking soul-born Tommy Craig commitment?
"He has done a good job in the second part of last season. If we ended the season with a nine out of twelve, it was because of his basic work. The atmosphere was good and this resulted in much of his method of coaching on a daily basis. "
It is still not common to get a Scottish former assistant just months after his departure.
"We saw him as the best solution both in the short term - because he knew most of the players and we did not want to lose four or five games to allow time for the coach to discover the actual - that long term. He also already worked with Mario Notaro, and when we parted last May, I had slipped in his ear that I would perhaps one day call him as head coach. "
Why not pursued him in June then?
"Because it was too fresh, it came as a duo with John Collins, with whom he has a strong relationship. But if I could go back, I make him sign his contract in June because it is what we are looking for a trainer, field man for 25 years, who sometimes worked a at clubs with very limited resources and therefore has not too requirements. And for him coach again was a challenge because, apart from the Scottish U21, it was mostly deputy. "
Coupons wings to an unfounded rumor: would you have taken had he not signed Mathijssen just prior to Lokeren?
"Never."
Craig is your 12th coach and we know that the appointment of these is your responsibility. Does this mean it that your choices were often wrong?
"I did not stipulate as errors. They would not take a lot of coaches with luggage because, as in jou-ers, I wanted to give chance to a young coach. Unfortunately, few have before, but it is hard to know someone who has never worked on the grounds of D1. Look Delangre, Professor of others, which was theoretically a good coach. "
So why not take a coach who knows the experience of Belgian D1?
"But are there good value when we can not afford to reach 300,000 euros for a coach? Now, if we act as Mouscron, we can obviously do sign anyone ... "
(source: dhnet.be)
0 comments:
Post a Comment